We get fresh water fish here in Hyderabad. But we are used to the sea fishes as we get a lot of it in Kerala. We tried many varieties of fresh water fish, but did not like the taste of it. Luckily, we liked the taste of Basa fish which is easily available at my door step. From then on, i was trying to make different types of dishes with it.
I got hold of this recipe recently. Tried it and it came out really good. Its really a healthy dish. Good for kids too. Very soft inside and crunchy outside. I thought to share it with you too. It can be had as a starter with any salad. Tastes good.
Basa Fish (use any boneless fish) - 7 medium size pieces
Pepper powder - 3 tsp
Bread crumbs - 1 cup ( use fresh bread crumbs with whole wheat bread)
Salt to taste
Lemon juice - 2 tsp
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Clean and cut the fish into medium sized pieces. Pat it dry.
- Marinate it with salt, little pepper powder and lemon juice.
- Pre heat oven to 180 degree Celsius. Spread little oil in an oven proof tray.
- In a bowl, mix bread crumbs, rest of the pepper powder, salt and olive oil. Mix well.
- Coat the marinated fish pieces in the bread crumb mixture. All the sides of the fish should be coated nicely.
- Now, place the coated fish pieces on the prepared tray. Put it in the pre heated oven for 10 minutes on one side and on the other side again for 5 minutes. Fish cooks really fast.
- When the crust turns it colour, take it from the oven and serve it hot with a salad.
|Baked Pepper Fish|
I made a simple and easy salad to accompany my Baked pepper fish. It tasted hot and sweet. Here's the recipe....
Onion (finely chopped) - 1 small sized
Tomato (finely chopped) - 1 small sized
Pepper Powder - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Honey - 2 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and the salad is ready. You can adjust the pepper powder and honey as per your taste.
Thanks for visiting