We buy baby corns every now and then. Last time when i bought it, i made some Baby Corn Masala (recipe will be posted soon) with it and saved some to make a snack for my daughter. She love to eat baby corn when i just cook it in salted water...just like that... :)
I thought i will make something different with baby corn. I know fried food is not good for health. But once in a while you can eat it...no harm in it... :)
This dish is very easy to prepare and its really tasty.. Sprinkle some chat masala on it while serving. It really enhances the taste of the fritters.
|Baby Corn Fritters|
1 cup Baby corn (sliced into half vertically)
1/2 cup Maida/all purpose flour
1 tsp Cornflour
1/2 cup Buttermilk
2 tsp Red chilli powder (adjust as per your taste)
1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
1 pinch Baking Soda
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
Chat masala as required (optional)
- Cut baby corns into half, vertically. Keep this aside.
- In a bowl, mix maida, cornflour, buttermilk, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, baking soda and salt.
- Mix well so that no lumps are formed.
- Heat oil in a kadai. When it is medium hot, dip each baby corn pieces in the prepared batter and put in the oil.
- When it turns golden brown colour on both the sides, transfer it into a kitchen paper or tissue paper.
- Serve it hot with any sauce of your choice.
- You can sprinkle some chat masala on it. But its optional.
Thanks for visiting