This is a simple kheer which is made in every house (as far as i know) when one crave for a sweet. Its easy to make and tastes really good.
My daughters and my husband love this kheer very much, so its a usual sweet dish prepared, inspite of any particular occasion.
In this year, i made this kheer along with moong dal kheer, for our Onam festival. We all relished both the kheers. I thought to share the recipes of both the dishes, so that you can also enjoy it.
Vermicelli - 750 gms ( i used Bambino vermicelli packet - plain ie. not roasted)
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Milk - 2 and 1/2 litre
Cashew nuts - 10 to 15
Raisin - 10 to 15
Milkmaid (condensed milk) - 1 tin (400 gms)
- Boil milk in a deep non stick pan by stirring continuously. Let it simmer for sometime, till the milk reduces a little.
- In another non stick pan, heat 1 tbsp ghee and fry the vermicelli till golden colour.
- Put this in the simmering milk and mix thoroughly. When the vermicelli is cooked nicely, add the condensed milk. Stir well. Let it cook for some more time.
- Take it off from heat. In a non stick pan put 1 tbsp ghee and fry cashew nuts and raisins. When it turns colour, add it into the prepared kheer. Stir well.
- You can either serve it hot or chilled. In either ways, the kheer tastes awesome.
|Vermicelli Kheer (Semiya Payasam)|
Try out and let me know how it came out.