Homemade Chocolate

Good News for people residing in Hyderabad......Click on "Homemade Chocolates & Cakes" (above) to know more.......Do join my FB page ( https://www.facebook.com/Chocofantasy) to get new updates.


Friday 3 August 2012

Apple Jam

I think i will call this jam - Golden Goodness. This is the name that came to my mind when i saw the finished product.

When i was small, i have seen my mother making jams, squash, tomato sauce etc. I don't know how it came to my mind that these all are very tedious recipes. I didn't think about trying any of these. But it just crossed my mind some two days back...why don't i give it a try?? I searched many websites and found that it was not that difficult to make. I got the idea how it is made and yes..here is my version of Apple Jam...very simple and easy to make.

I had 2 apples at home, so just for testing, i made with those. Will give you all the recipe with 2 apples. You can increase the quantity of all the ingredients accordingly if you wish to make more.

A very tasty and easy jam preparation and no preservatives also. Kids would love it.




Ingredients

Apple - 2 medium
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Water as required

Method
  • Wash and pat dry the apples. Peel off the skin of the apple and cut it into small pieces.
  • You can either cook it in a pressure cooker or cook it in a non stick pan with the lid on it. Add just enough water for the apples to cook.
  • When the apples are cooked nicely and the water is fully evaporated, mash it with the back side of the spoon or with a masher.
  • Now add the sugar and mix thoroughly. You can increase or decrease the quantity of sugar according to your taste.
  • Let it cook for sometime. When it becomes the consistency of a jam and the sugar is dissolved properly, add the lemon juice. Mix well and remove from heat.
  • Let it cool down completely.
  • Store it in a sterilized bottle and use whenever needed.


Apple Jam

PS: Don't forget to add in your comments and suggestions..
Thanks for visiting
Happy Cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment