Whole wheat flour - 2 cups
Semolina (Rawa) - 4 tbsp
Ghee - 1 and 1/2 cup + for deep frying
Milk as required
Jaggery - 1/2 cup
Poppy seeds (roasted - 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
1. In a deep bowl add whole wheat flour, rawa and 1/2 cup ghee. Mix well. To this add little by little milk and knead into a stiff dough.
2. Divide dough into round or long shapes.
3. Heat ghee in a deep kadai and fry these till golden brown and crisp. (I used sunflower oil for frying, if you use ghee, it might increase the taste. But my laddoo also tasted good.)
4. Drain on a tissue paper and let it cool.
5. Coarsely grind them and put it in a bowl.
6. Heat 1 cup ghee in a non stick pan and add jaggery. Stir well till it melts.
7. Put the melted jaggery in the ground mixture. Add cardamom powder. If you want you can add powdered nuts also.
8. Mix this well and shape the mixture into even sized laddoos. Roll it on the roasted poppy seeds.
9. You can serve it when cooled or can store it in an air tight container.