Urad dal (soaked for 3 to 4 hours) - 3/4 cup
Ginger - 1 inch piece
Green chilli - 2
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
Curd - 4 to 5 cups
Rock salt - 1 tsp
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Sweet chutney - to taste
Green chutney - to taste
Red chilli powder - as required
Roasted cumin powder - as required
1. Soak urad dal for 3 to 4 hours. Grind it with very little water till almost smooth.
2. Transfer it to a bowl and mix it for sometime.
3. Add chopped ginger, green chillies and salt into the batter. Mix well
4. Add water to adjust the consistency.
5. Heat oil in a deep pan and keep aside some water for soaking the fried bhalle.
6. Dip a spoon in water and take a small spoonful of batter and drop it into the medium hot oil. Cook till it is completely cooked and in golden brown colour.
7. While the bhalle is cooking, u can whisk the curd very nicely to a smooth consistency without any lumps. Add salt, rock salt and sugar. Mix well and keep in the fridge to chill until use.
8. When the bhalle is cooked, take it out of the oil and directly drop it in the water that we have kept aside for few minutes.
9. Squeeze the excess water from the bhalle and drop it in the curd mixture.
10. Let it be in the curd for sometime. While serving, take the bhalle in a bowl. Pour some curd mixture on top of it.
11. Put little sweet chutney, green chutney, red chilli powder and cumin powder.
12. Serve it chilled.
Thanks for visiting