Raw Rice (soaked) - 5 tbsp
Milk - 1 litre
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Almonds blanched and peeled - 20 nos
Saffron (optional) - a pinch
1. Grind the soaked rice to a coarse paste either by adding little water or milk.
2. Boil the milk in a deep vessel. Add the rice in the milk and stir continously.
3. Grind half of the blanched almonds and put this in the milk.
4. Cook till the rice is completely cooked.
5. If you want you can add saffron to this.
6. Add sugar and cardamom powder and cook till the sugar dissolves completely.
7. Pour this into small bowls and garnish with the rest of the blanched almonds.
8. Chill this in a fridge for about an hour before serving.